Currently, BAURES functions with one Director, one Associate Director, One Deputy Registrar, two Senior Scientific Officer, two Assistant Directors, one Section Officers and other administrative staff. The Director is the principal executive of BAURES. He is appointed for a tenure of two years and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor.
The powers and functions of the Director are:
- to ensure that the provisions of the BAURES ordinance are carried out and to exercise all powers necessary for this purpose;
- to carry out other duties and assignments as may me prescribed by the syndicate and Vice-Chancellor
- to take initiative and necessary steps to fulfill the objectives of BAURES;
- to advise the BAURES authorities in all matters connected with the promotion of project-based research activities in the University;
- to be responsible for overall administration, implementation and supervision of all research projects of the University;
- to sign contracts on behalf of the University with national and international research funding agencies;
- to recommend the suitable research projects to the RAC for final approval;
- to act as drawing and disbursing officer of research funds and to sign all cheques related to research expenditures, specially, for BAU funded projects. Some STD accounts funded by the foreign donor agencies other than BAU are, however, operated jointly with the Project Director/Principal Investigator;
- to release funds for research projects with approval from the Vice-Chancellor;
- to act as Member-Secretary of the Governing Body and Research Advisory Committee, and as member to the Academic Council, the Committee for Advanced Studies and Research, and other appropriate bodies of the University; and
- to act as the Chief Editor of “Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University”, BAU Research Proceedings and Krishi Projukti Barta (Agricultural Technology Magazine) published by BAURES.
The Associate Director is directly responsible to the Director of BAURES. He helps the Director in all matters connected with the formulation of policies to promote the BAURES activities. However, he is usually empowered by the Director to carry out the following functions:
- to examine, scrutinize and review research projects submitted by the teachers of the Academic Departments;
- to recommend suitable research projects to the Director for final approval;
- to monitor and evaluate annual reports of the ongoing projects and final reports of the completed projects;
- to organize seminars and workshops;
- to publish the proceedings of research reports presented in the annual workshop of BAURES; and
- to act as the Executive Editor of “Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University”, BAU Research Proceedings and Krishi Projukti Barta (Agricultural Technology Magazine) published by BAURES.